The job shadowing policy for the hospital is very specific and requires much consideration on the part of the requestor. The following information will outline the guidelines and restrictions for participation in the job shadowing program. Please take some time to review the requirements before submitting a request to job shadow. A job shadow experience is limited to a total of 8 hours.
The following is a list of departments participating in the job shadowing program. All shadowing requests are subject to department manager approval and will be granted based on available staff and individual department workload.
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Family & Specialty Care Clinics
- Food & Nutrition Services
- Information Systems
- Medical Records & Coding
- Patient Access (Registration)
- Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy
- Quality Review
- Respiratory Care
- Sports & Spine Clinic
PROFESSIONS TO SHADOW
- Must be a high school junior or senior (at least 16 years of age), a current nursing student, a college student or an adult exploring a career in healthcare.
- Must be able to provide up-to-date immunization records for TdaP, TB, MMR and influenza.
- Must clear Washington State Patrol (WSP) background check.
Once your application has been reviewed and approved, you will be notified via email and may move on to STEP 2 of the application process (see below). Please allow a minimum of two weeks from your date of application. Every effort will be made to accommodate your requested dates/times and department preferences, however, due to limited staff availability, not every request can be fulfilled.
Complete this section ONLY after your application (Step 1 above) has been approved.
How to Submit Your Paperwork
After the paperwork listed in the Application Process above is complete,
you may submit it via any of the following methods:
1211 24th Street
Anacortes, WA 98221