Island Cancer Care Center staff recognize that a diagnosis of cancer often leaves patients and families overwhelmed and uncertain how to proceed. Your Patient Navigator will help guide you through the various aspects of treatment and connect you with valuable resources.
In addition to providing exceptional medical treatment, our goal as cancer specialists is to provide comprehensive individualized care by offering a wide range of support services designed to meet the unique needs of each cancer patient.
Our Support Services
We understand that our patients face many difficult decisions when beginning cancer treatment. Our goal as cancer specialists is to provide comprehensive and individualized care through a wide range of support services designed to meet the unique needs of each cancer patient.
Patients and families have access to a full range of support services, including:
- Care coordination, resource referrals and supportive care, including counseling for both the patient and caregiver. Individual, ongoing counseling sessions offered through our Oncology Medical Social Worker (covered by Medicare, Apple Health, and most insurance companies).
- Individualized patient navigation
- Financial assistance through the Island Cancer Care Center Medical Relief Fund, co-pay assistance and disease specific grants
- Support with insurance coordination needs
- Complimentary lodging and transportation assistance
- Assistance with Advance Directives
- Patient education resources from the National Cancer Institute, American Cancer Society, and other national and local support organizations
- Wig resources
- Referrals to spiritual care, dietician and complementary therapies
- Caregiver support